Wednesday, May 13, 2009

happiness (for me) is...

…waking up before my alarm goes off and feeling surprisingly refreshed and awake.
…sitting outside in the warm weather with a new(ish) friend and getting to know each other over some cold beers.
…planning road trips to Baltimore, Chicago, and Boston all in the same summer.
…the exciting feeling of said road trips this summer.
…a busy day at work (surprised?)
…butterflies in my stomach.
…being OK with losing a good friend, because I know that it’s not me, it’s them.
…brainstorming ways to re-vamp my blog (because it sucks huge donkey dick right now and I hate it).
…having money in my checking account.
…thinking about a certain boy.
…letting other boys go and actually feeling good about it.
…realizing that certain friends just do not understand the true meaning of friendship.
…realizing how hard I have worked to get where I am at in my life right now.
…believing in: everything happens for a reason, even if no one else does.
…believing that someone could actually, genuinely care about you.
…finding the ability to care about that same person in the same way.
…recovering from a broken heart.
…cooking a delicious meal.
…spending time with good friends, near and far.
…spending quality time with my family when it isn’t over a big holiday.
…planning surprises
…playing soccer and realizing that I worked hard to be this good.
…friends who have the ability to make time for you.
…dinner parties.
…happy hours.
…doing the best I can with what I have.
…feeling needed by someone.
…learning from my mistakes.
…knowing that my parents raise me right.
…knowing that my life isn’t perfect and being perfectly happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...