Wednesday, September 2, 2009

on touching lives

A week ago I wrote a letter to the woman who’s dying of cervical cancer.  I told her how much her story touched my heart and soul.  I told her that it’s stories like that, that made me become such an advocate for this.
Today I received a phone call from her brother letting me know Anna received the letter.  I wasn’t expecting a phone call, but it was nice to know that my simple act of kindness touched the lives of herself and her family.  He told me that he’s grateful that there are people like me – people who are so passionate at what they do – to make this world a better place.

I know that my letter won’t bring Anna’s life back and it won’t take her cancer away, but just the fact that my letter made a difference makes me realize that I am making a difference and that I am touching lives.
And that is the greatest accomplishment of my life thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...