Sunday, June 5, 2011

on taking chances

 {via}

"If you get a chance, take it
If it changes your life, let it
Nobody said it would be easy
They just promised it would be worth it."

The problem with dating abroad is that I haven't been able to stay long enough in one city to justify dating someone.  I don't want to start something knowing it's going to end in a week because I have to leave the country.

When a certain chain of events didn't work out as planned for Thailand, I decided to stay in Australia for a while because I love it here so much.  Truth be told, I didn't think I'd meet someone here who could make me consider staying for this long.  

I am starting to realize that when you live abroad, and you know that you're only here for a certain amount of time, things start to move faster than usual.  I didn't think I'd want to take a chance on a man who lives in Australia, but I am ... and after spending six straight nights together at his bar, meeting his friends, brother, and coworkers, and going on our first official date last night, I don't know what to do now.

My intention was to visit Australia for five days, but then I started meeting people in the hostel and at the local bar, and suddenly I've been living here for three weeks.  My feelings of loneliness and homesickness have been crushed now that I have finally been able to build a [small] foundation here in Sydney. 

I want to give this a chance.  I owe it to myself now that I've finally found a genuine man who doesn't play games, but it's tough to do all of this knowing that I'll have to leave the country at the end of August.  All of his friends have asked me how long I'm staying and at this point, I just don't know. 

I suppose it's true what they say: you meet someone when you least expect it.  

I wasn't looking for anyone, but suddenly I've found someone. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...