Sunday, June 12, 2011

solitude

Silence is golden.

I miss those moments of pure silence.  The ones where you can just sit on a bench in a park and stare out into the world.  The moments when you can hear yourself breathing and it becomes mesmerizing.

Today was one of those days.  A day when I just craved pure silence and moments in solitude but I was forced to be surrounded by people because of a planned Sunday potluck dinner and a friend's going away party.  All I wanted was five minutes to sit, stare, breathe, and think.  

Today was one of those days when I missed having my own room to escape to.  

Today was one of those days when I missed being around the friends who know me.  

Today was one of those days when I didn't want to participate in conversation and I didn't want people to ask me if I decided on staying or leaving Australia and I didn't want to hear about someone's trip overseas to the U.S.  

Today, I just wanted to be alone, but you give up your solitude when you make the choice to live in a hostel and create friendships. 

Here's hoping tomorrow's a better day...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...