Thursday, May 6, 2010

"my wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to"

 "You wish too much."

...is something someone recently told me.  Frankly, I didn't know that was possible.  More importantly, why does this person care what I wish for or how often I wish for things?! 

But it got me thinking...

Is it possible to wish too much?

I hate settling.  For anything.  I think a lot of people settle for something - a job, a relationship, a life - because they are afraid to find out what's really out there.  We live in a world where anything is possible.  It's about looking past that fear and taking a chance.  We don't know what's on the other side, but you know what?  I kind of like it that way.  If we knew it all, it wouldn't be as much fun.

I wish for a lot of things - wealth, happiness, success - because I believe in bigger and better things.  I believe that wishing for something is what keeps us moving forward in life.  We all wish to become successful and that's what drives us to work harder.

Sure, maybe I wish for impossible things - like to become a millionaire - but if I didn't wish so much, I wouldn't push myself to work harder, and do better.  I wouldn't have the desire and determination to conquer the world.  And you know what?  I am going to conquer the world someday.

It's important to believe in something, and to wish for things, because I believe that every once in a while, wishes do come true. 

What do you wish for?


(via)

2 comments:

  1. It's always important to wish for things, but in order to get it, I think you need to take it a step further and take effective action. Instead of "I wish" make an effort to say "I will."

    "I Will be wealthy, happy and successful".

    You're the queen of "Don't do about it, be about it". Now, do more of it! I know you do it already, but if it's not working in one area move on to another.

    Find your goal. And stop and nothing to get there. Be a millionaire? Great! Now find the means to do it.

    Wish too much? No. Wishes are the starts of actions. You're one step ahead of the person who says you wish too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we can wish too much... We just need to be practical at some point. And I am in love with that song right now.

    Best,

    Hannah Katy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...