Sunday, November 14, 2010

on learning to love myself

{via}

You can't expect someone else to love you until you learn to love yourself.

Simple, yet so true.  On a discussion of relationships and dating, the main focus was finding ways to love yourself after cancer.  Being single in a big city is tough enough, but being a cancer survivor and single in a big city makes it even more difficult.

My struggle with loving myself is difficult.  I haven't felt beautiful - inside and out - since before my battle with cancer.  I can't get to that point yet where I can look in a mirror and feel beautiful.  I can put all the make up on that I want, and wear my best "Saturday Night outfit," but I still won't feel beautiful.  

They say the best way to deal with any kind of pain is to work through it, but I don't know how to work through this.  I don't know how to make myself believe that I truly am beautiful.  I don't know how to accept the scars on my skin, my heart, and my soul. 

How do you learn to love yourself - flaws, scars, battle wounds and all?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...