Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5 minutes

{{This post is part of #reverb10, an annual event and month-long online initiative to reflect on this year and manifest what's next for 2011.

Today's prompt:  5 minutes.  Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes.  Capture the things you want to remember most about 2010.}}

  • the decision to see a therapist and acting on that decision.
  • my entrance into an Ivy League graduate school.
  • a night of celebration with my girl friends at a pot luck Sunday with a bottle of champagne.  Because everything is better with champagne.  Well, as soon as you figure out how to open it.
  • ending a 15-year friendship and realizing it was one of the best things I could have done for myself.
  • winning a national street hockey championship in June.
  • re-branding my nonprofit organization
  • the day I lost a survivor sister.
  • the day I found out my law firm is dissolving.
  • the night my cousin and I thought making and consuming frozen wine would be the best thing ever (it wasn't).
2010 has been an interesting year.  Some highlights, some low lights and a ton of growth, changes, soul searching and self-reflection. This has definitely been one of the best years yet though.  Bring it on, 2011.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...