Thursday, December 9, 2010

rocks in my socks. i mean, rocking my socks off.

{{This post is part of #reverb10, an annual event and month-long online initiative to reflect on this year and manifest what's next for 2011.
Today's Prompt:  Party.  What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010?}}

I'll admit, I don't go out much anymore.  Not because I don't want to, but because I'm too tired.  Or I don't want to spend the $150 on a bar tab, just to wake up the next morning with a massive hangover.  So when today's prompt was delivered in my inbox, I wasn't sure I wanted to participate.  Although, I haven't been keeping up with these prompts (I know, I'm SORRY) because I'm currently drowning in work, nonprofit and grad school.  I promise to get back into the swing of things. 

Funny how I used to be a big party girl when I first moved here.  I went out every night (often till 2AM) and I knew all of the VIP's and owners of nearly every bar and night club in the city.  I suppose I partied myself out in those two years, since now I am usually in bed by 10PM on a Friday night.  Be jealous.

So, what party rocked my socks off this year?  Well, it wasn't a party, so much as a weekend vacation to my cousin's lake house in Upstate NY with  these girls.

 


We spent four fabulous days unplugging from the big city and it was marvelous.  No responsibilities, no work, no deadlines.  Just relaxing on the deck, playing card games, failing at puzzles, attempting to be appropriate around my 62-year old cousin, and getting inebriated at two wine tastings.  I can't wait to go back next summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...