Thursday, December 2, 2010

under the radar

{{This post is part of #reverb10, an annual event and month-long online initiative to reflect on this year and manifest what's next for 2011.

Today's prompt:  Writing.  What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing - and can you eliminate it?}}

I like living under the radar.  I like being a blogger that no one really knows.  I like hiding myself from the public spotlight, despite the fact that I've been published in Coping with Cancer Magazine, featured in Shape and Glamour magazines, and on the news

So, what stands in my way?  Not putting myself out there in the public spotlight in order to become a successful, established, well-known, published writer.

I fear my dream of publishing my memoir or a self-help book is hindered by the fact that I just don't like putting myself out there.  I don't like exposing the intimate details of my broken and damaged life to the public for fear of judgment and criticism.  Ironic, considering I run a nonprofit organization that empower young adults to live life with a purpose.

How can I eliminate this?  By exposing myself (metaphorically speaking).  By learning to be more comfortable on sharing my story of loss and triumph, because I do believe that I can inspire others with my story.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...