Saturday, November 14, 2009

"it's only life"

Today my non-profit held our charity soccer tournament.  It's events and days like today that stress me out.  I always, always go into these events wishing we raised hundreds of thousands of dollars, yet we always end up walking away with a hundred ... or a couple thousand, like we did tonight.

But surprisingly, I'm proud of my team for working as hard as they did and raising almost $2,000.  It makes doing what I do so much more enjoyable and rewarding.  It makes my life more complete.

Today was a learning experience.  It was our second biggest fundraiser and it somehow turned out being our most profitable one yet. 


Today I learned that hard work really does pay off.  And if you put your faith in certain people, everything will come together as it needs to.  And maybe hopefully someday this will grow into something bigger and better than what it already is.


Today I learned that "it's only life..."  We work so hard to pay our bills; we work so hard at maintaining friendships and relationships; we work so hard to reap the rewards.  It's only life.  It's not about the money or how hard you work or how hard you fall; it's about life - living it and loving it.  Even on your darkest day, it's only life.


Tonight, as the clock strikes midnight, I leave you with one of my favorite songs and a piece of advice, especially for all of your twenty-something's out there:

take your hesitance, and your self defense,
leave them behind, it's only life,
don't be so afraid of facing every day,

just take your time, it's only life





 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job yesterday. It all worked out perfectly. Anything that wasn't perfect, we're gonna perfect in the years to come.

    Mmts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...