Monday, November 9, 2009

"don't forget to tip your bartenders"

  • What's a customary tip for a bartender?

Me?  I usually tip $1 for each drink.  And maybe I'll leave the extra quarter or two if it gets me laid I feel generous. 

Baltimorians?  Baltimorialites?  They don't tip.  10 people each bought a Miller Lite or a Coors Lite that cost $3.75 and all 10 people paid the $3.75 and didn't tip.  Actually, one guy left the extra quarter.  Clearly he felt the need to be generous.

I never understood people who don't tip their bartenders.  I mean, I know we're in a recession and all, but don't you understand that your bartenders are working on tips?  How would you feel if someone tipped you a quarter on a $4.00 drink?!

Reason #5968 why I don't like Baltimore.

I think the only good thing B-more has going for them are their crab cakes.  I had true Maryland style crab cakes this weekend and they definitely did not disappoint.

Also?  The Inner Harbor is nice ...... but not great.  Although I am jealous that Baltimore has an ESPN Zone and Philly doesn't.  For all who don't know, ESPN Zone is probably the best. overpriced. sports. bar. ever.  It's like Dave and Busters but with more TV's and less games.  OK fine, so it's nothing like Dave and Busters but it's still awesome.  And Philadelphia needs to get one ASAP.

Needless to say, I probably won't be making a trip down to B-more any time soon.  It was nice to get away for a night, but I'm glad I'm home.

Philadelphia - 1
Baltimore - 0

this post brought to you by:

4 comments:

  1. One of my colleague says he tips $1 for every $4 spent. In your case, $3.75 rounds up to $4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I tip $1/drink for wine/beer. If it's fancier like a martini, I'll tip more.

    Not tipping... poor form. That sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also do $1/drink. Or, if there's a tab, I typically just do 5-10$ for the whole check. Unless I'm at Roosevelts for Penny Beer. Then I tip a dollar for 10 drinks.

    If I ever get into Bartending, I expect you to tip me $10/drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awful about those people not tipping at all! Ridiculous!

    I do the same as you. About $1 per drink.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...