Thursday, November 5, 2009

on big decisions

Follow your heart and not your mind; your heart feels things your mind cannot see.

It's easy to give advice, but hard to take it.

For the last several months I have been thinking about some big decisions; decisions that have the potential to be life-changing in some way.  Decisions that are so big, they're scary.  But I don't think I'm scared to make those big decisions.  I'm scared about the aftermath.  I'm scared about making the wrong decision.

I'm trying to sort it all out.  I've spent this week trying to do just that.  It hasn't been easy.  With 2009 drawing to a close, I need to step to the plate and make some things happen in 2010. 

I need to figure out what I want.

Easier said than done.

"sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same..."


this post brought to you by:


2 comments:

  1. I think our whole lives are about figuring out what we want and who we are. Making mistakes, making the wrong decisions, is natural. It's how we learn. And is there any mistake you can make that you can't learn from and correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was director of technology for 2 schools, it was very scary to make big decisions that will effect not only the whole institutions, but also the future of the students.

    Do the research that you need and see if you can test things out. Think about it and in the end trust yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...