Sunday, November 8, 2009

second chances

I'm not a big fan of giving second chances.

I gave Baltimore a second chance yesterday.  I wasn't impressed.  The city reminds me too much of home.  I realized, as I was walking the streets, that I need to live in a city that has a thriving nightlife.  I need a city that offers something every night of the week.

I gave myself a second chance on a guy.  I wasn't impressed.  I think I was forcing myself to give in and let him fill a void - but I realized on my drive home today that I don't want just some guy to fill that void. I don't want to settle, and I certainly don't want to be misleading or inflict any kind of [unintentional] pain on him.

The good thing about second chances is your learn from them.  You begin to realize what you want, what you like, what you will tolerate.  I like my life how it is and I think I'd be making a huge mistake to allow some guy to fill a void just because I'm lonely or just because I can say that I have someone.  I don't want any of that.  Not yet.  Not right now.

When you find someone - or something - that you really like, you'll feel it.  Deep down in your heart you'll really feel it and know that it's what you want or who you want or where you want your life to lead.

Feel it and let it feel you... because once you do feel it, it's absolutely incredible.

this post brought to you by:

 

2 comments:

  1. You're just hard to please.

    No for real, I can relate to your situation. It's almost like you feel guilty for not liking him "completely" in that way, because he's naturally a good guy. It would be easier if he was a jerk all the time.

    I got into my last relationship right in the middle of a breakup with the previous one before that. I really just wanted to get away from him, and the new guy came along at the right time.

    The reason why I liked the new one so much? Because he wasn't the old one.

    The reason why I didn't like the new one so much?
    Because he wasn't the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are committed to not settling!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...