Sunday, November 15, 2009

let me google that for... myself

I'm participating in my non-profit's suicide pool and I'm one of five people left.  Oh yeah, and I'm the only girl remaining.  The winner of the pool wins $225.  You know what I can buy with $225?  A lot of hookers and blow.  A sweet Nintendo Wii.

So this week, my picks were the Arizona Cardinals and the Minnesota Vikings.  My friend couldn't decided between the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Baltimore Ravens.  I knew going into this weekend that the Steelers wouldn't beat the Bungles.  He told me I was wrong (saying that the Steelers wouldn't lose to Cincinnati twice), but I knew I'd be right. 

Turns out?  I was right. 

I'm always right.

me: you're lucky you went with the Ravens this week

him: I was testing you.

me:  I may not be as smart as you, but I know my football.

him:  sure, what's an illegal shift?

me:  a shift that's illegal

him:  how about encroachment

me: advancing beyond the line illegally

him:  intentional grounding

me: quarterback throws the football away to avoid a sack

him:  boarding?

me: ::thinking::  no.

him:  charging?

me:  no.  stop giving me hockey terms.

him:  test.  google helps, doesn't it?

OK fine, maybe I had some help with google - but I still know my football.  And I'm still going to win this pool.  And I'm still going to buy some hookers and blow myself a nintendo wii.

(I apologize for this lame post.  NaBloPoMo is getting the best of me right now and I'm only half way through.  I promise to post something more substantial about hookers and blow tomorrow.)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...