Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Bullets

  • Today I slept in 'till 1:30PM and I woke up feeling somewhat refreshed.  It felt so awesome.  I wish I could sleep in every day.
  • In an effort to enrich my education, I went to Barnes and Noble this weekend and bought a book on fundraising for non-profits guide.  Now, I don't usually buy that kind of stuff (mostly because I want to think I have all the answers when in reality, I don't), but I'm trying this thing called "reaching out and asking for more help."  So I spent a good part of today reading the book and taking notes.  It's actually quite helpful and I'm learning a lot more about fundraising and how to run a non-profit.  
  • The upcoming work week is a short one (thank god) and I'm gearing up for a trip back home.  Surprisingly, I'm looking forward to going home and spending quality time with my family, regardless of how chaotic Thanksgiving day is going to be.  I'll be sure to pack my xanax and four bottles of wine in my luggage.
  • I just realized that after I come back from Thanksgiving, my sports leagues start up.  I'll now be playing hockey on Tuesdays, co-ed soccer on Thursdays and women's soccer on Sundays.  Not to mention, my big hockey tournament in two weeks that I forgot I signed up for.  But you know what's even more awesome?  My ankle.  Giving me issues.  Especially at night when I wake up in the middle of the night and it's THROBBING (that's what she said).  
  • One more week left of NaBloPoMo.  I can't effing wait until November is over.  And I'm never doing NaBloPoMo ever again.  I thought it would be cool to post every day, about all kinds of creative things, but now I realize I have nothing creative to write about - or maybe I'm just suffering from writer's block this month.  One this is over, I plan on taking a respite from blogging.  Maybe.
  • My attempt at Christmas shopping this weekend failed.  Instead I went out to lunch with a friend, went to the book store, and then proceeded to buy a housewarming present for a friend.  Epic Fail.
  • I'm glad Thanksgiving is this week because not only is it my favorite holiday, but it means I have a 4.5 day vacation where I can sleep in, eat lots of yummy food, drink and sleep some more.  It's going to be awesome.
Finally, I leave you with a joke.  Ahem.  Get ready, it's a good one.



Which sexual position produces the ugliest children?



Ask your mom.



Thank you and good night!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear some of the fundraising ideas and stuff. How are you adjusting to knowing you won't see me for over a week?

    I'll play lots of Wii without you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...